Carver Hall, 1969
Carver Hall, 1969.

Built: 1967-1969

Build as a result of a rapid increase in enrollment during the 1960's, the building provided additional classroom and office space and two lecture halls.   The Mathematics department, Industrial Administration, and Dean of Science and Humanities originally occupied the building.  In 1966, the building was named Carver Hall to honor George Washington Carver, a student and instructor at the college before 1900.

History of Campus Buildings at Iowa State University

Comments: University Archives
Created by: Andrea Reis, Research/Technical Assistant & Jill Osweiler Schaefer, Special Collections Librarian

Updated by: Michele Christian, University Records Analyst