Curtiss Hall, ca. 1912
Curtiss Hall, ca. 1912.

Agriculture Hall

Built: 1906-1909

Agriculture Hall, as it was first called, was originally planned to be built 100 feet west of current place, but the plans were changed after opposition to placing a building in the center of the beautiful campus lawn was voiced.

The building was renamed Curtiss Hall in 1947 for Charles F. Curtiss, long-time Dean of Agriculture. In 1995, an agricultural high-tech classroom was built within the building, called the Brenton Center for Agricultural Instruction and Technology Transfer.

Additional images of Curtiss Hall


Curtiss Hall 02 Curtiss Hall 03 Curtiss Hall 05
Curtiss Hall, ca. 1912. Curtiss Hall, no date. Curtiss Hall, 1920.
Curtiss Hall 06 Curtiss Hall 04 Curtiss Hall 07
Curtiss Hall, no date. Curtiss Hall, 1919. Curtiss Hall, no date.

History of Campus Buildings at Iowa State University

Comments: University Archives
Created by: Andrea Reis, Research/Technical Assistant & Jill Osweiler Schaefer, Special Collections Librarian

Updated by: Michele Christian, University Records Analyst