From Prairie Sod to Campus Cornerstones

Marston Hall 01
Marston Hall, no date.

Engineering Hall

Built: 1900-1903

The building was dedicated as Engineering Hall in 1903. A blizzard in 1909 torn off the asphalt roofing, damaging the skylights. In 1924, the Physics Department and State Highway Commission moved out. The building was renamed Marston Hall in 1947 for Anston Marston, the first Dean of Engineering.

Additional images of Marston Hall

click for larger view

Marston Hall 02 Marston Hall 03 Marston Hall 04
Marston Hall, no date. View from Alumni Hall. Marston Hall, no date. Marston Hall, 1913.

History of Campus Buildings at Iowa State University

Comments: University Archives
Created by: Andrea Reis, Research/Technical Assistant & Jill Osweiler Schaefer, Special Collections Librarian

Updated by: Michele Christian, University Records Analyst